The gleaming beauty of a sophisticated wedding in Lake Como
Lake Como's stunning scenery leaves you with no questions as to why for over 2,000 years, poets from Virgil and Catullus to Tennyson and Longfellow have raved about this Italian Lake. Nowadays the scene has been taken by world-wide celebrities and Hollywood stars and a Lake Como Italy wedding is the most exclusive option for a luxury event.
Romeo and Juliet, the leading wedding planner in Lake Como, can help you plan your event as flawless, unique, and fascinating as this fabulous region is.
Lake Como Wedding Venues
However, if you wish to explore in more detail the many venues available for getting married on Lake Como, please discover here below our large selection of the best luxurious, historic, chic, informal, exclusive wedding locations that you can find.
Spectacular natural surroundings, majestic villas, luxury hotels, terraced gardens, historical loggias overlooking the water, frescoed halls, romantic lakeside churches are just some of the exquisite settings that Lake Como weddings can offer.
In days gone by, Town Hall rooms and big old churches were the norm. Nowadays, however, more and more couples are choosing to get married in a garden, or on a terrace overlooking the water, or in a prestigious villa.
Many delightful venues have been recently authorized to host civil ceremonies like for example:
- Villa Balbianello – Lenno
- Villa Carlotta – Tremezzo
- Villa Cipressi – Varenna
- Villa Pliniana – Torno
- Villa Balbiano – Lenno
- Villa Regina Teodolinda – Laglio
Unfortunately, Catholic ceremonies are not possible in this region of Italy. The local Dioceses, in fact, are no longer authorizing Catholic ceremonies for non-residents. Hopefully, things may change in the next future and we will keep our website updated about it.
If instead, you are interested in a different kind of religious ceremony, like for example a Church of England or a Baptism Church celebration, there are no restrictions. Similarly for other kinds of rites like for example Hindu, Muslim or Buddhist.
Also called humanist or non-denominational ceremonies, this is the right choice for couples who prefer not to worry about legal or religious paperwork. A symbolic ceremony can take place pretty much everywhere and it can be totally tailored to your requirements and wishes. It represents a truly meaningful way to reflect personalities, heritage, beliefs, culture, and traditions.
Best months for getting married in Lake Como
Weather in this region of Italy is known for its Mediterranean climate and it is generally mild.
- Winter average temperatures range from 2 to 12 degrees Celsius. If you want to experience the beauty of this stunning Italian region without too many tourists around and enjoy the view of the snow-capped mountains, late fall and winter months are the times to come. However, if you are considering a Lake Como wedding, take into consideration that most hotels, restaurants, and bars will be shuttered from November to mid-March.
- April, May, and early June: the glorious Italian springtime! Trees and flowers bloom, the weather is usually warm, with temperatures ranging from 12 to 22 degrees Celsius. During this period an outdoor ceremony is delightful, but we recommend that you plan an indoor reception as the nights are still chilly.
- Late June, July, August, and early September are considered the best months for outdoor weddings in Lake Como. During this period the days are warm (up to 30 degrees Celsius), the evening temperatures are pleasant, and fantastic wedding reception and the party can be organized under the stars of Lake Como Italy.
We, therefore, recommend looking for one of the many spectacular wedding venues where the whole event can be planned outdoor.
If you wish to avoid the summer heat, the very late sunset gives you the opportunity to plan your ceremony in the late afternoon.
If you are planning an Italy wedding in Lake Como and if you wish to know more about the venues those better suit your wishes please explore the sections below and don't hesitate to get in touch should you need more information.