Romeo and Juliet's informative page about the venues and costs for a fabulous civil wedding in Florence
This section is focused on civil weddings in Florence. There is, in fact, some confusion concerning the places, the fees, and the conditions for getting married in Florence and its surroundings.
Here you will find answers to the most common questions related to a civil Florence wedding; all information provided on this page is regularly updated with the latest official resolutions made by Florence Council Hall and therefore is a good base for planning your fabulous legal marriage in the Italian heart of Renaissance.
There are certain restrictions regarding wedding ceremonies here in Florence Italy. Here you cannot celebrate a Civil function in any given venue selected by you. Here, Civil functions can only be held in the Town Wedding Hall or in a venue designated by the local municipality for civil ceremonies.
We do have some very beautiful Wedding Halls in the Florence region and more in general in Tuscany like historical villas, frescoed halls, gardens, vineyards and other wonderful settings. This means you have the option of marrying in a Civil ceremony but in a beautiful and typically Italian backdrop.
If you wish to get married at your favorite private location in Florence (e.g. hotel, palace, castle, villa...) you may wish to consider a Protestant or Non-denominational wedding legally binding; these kinds of ceremonies, in fact, can be celebrated at any private location and they have legal validity.
As the leading wedding planner in Florence Italy, we can support you with this kind of ceremony too.
Civil weddings in Florence can be celebrated in one of the following stunning settings:
- Sala Rossa (red hall) marriage hall at Palazzo Vecchio, one of the finest marriage rooms in Italy. Available on Wednesday-Thursday-Saturday morning and on Saturday afternoon once a month.
- Sala di Lorenzo marriage hall at Palazzo Vecchio with precious frescoes by Giorgio Vasari and Marco da Faenza and stucchi by Leonardo Ricciarelli, Giovanni Boscoli e Mariotto di Francesco. Available on Thursday afternoon – twice a month; not available in August.
- The imposing Salone dei Cinquecento at Palazzo Vecchio, the biggest and most famous hall at Palazzo Vecchio. Available on Thursday afternoon – twice a month; not available in August.
- The rose garden; the only outdoor location available in Florence. A splendid botanical garden overlooking the Arno river and the city center. Available on Tuesday morning twice a month.
For more details have a look at the Comune di Firenze website (pages are only in Italian).
In addition near Florence there are plenty of other fantastic countryside locations where it is possible to host both your ceremony and reception.
Florence wedding halls - Fees
2021 rates for destination weddings as follows:
- Sala Rossa: € 2,500,00 except Saturday afternoon at € 3,000,00
- Sala di Lorenzo: € 3,000,00
- Rose garden: € 3,500,00
- Sala dei Cinquecento: € 5,000,00
Should you have any questions or doubts about the options available for getting legally married in Florence (and related costs) don't hesitate to get in touch.